Venus, Journal of the Malacological Society of Japan
The journal publishes original papers, short notes, book reviews and miscellany in any field of molluscan studies.
Instruction for contributors:
1. Manuscripts must be in either English or Japanese and should be submitted as a Word document. A translation of the title and a synopsis in Japanese will be provided where appropriate by the editors. Latin names, words and abbreviations should be in italics. Metric and Celsius units must be used. For other style guides, including the format for references, please refer to a recent issue of the journal.
2. Figures should be submitted as a jpeg or PDF file. Indicate clearly insertion points for figures and tables in the text. Type captions on separate sheets.
3. Papers describing new species or subspecies will not be accepted unless the type specimens are deposited in a recognized public museum or institute and the confirmation of receipt is provided.
4. Manuscripts should be submitted, with all figures and tables in electronic form, to the editor: Kazunori Hasegawa, Department of Zoology, National Museum of Nature and Science, 4-1-1 Amakubo, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0005, Japan; hasegawa＠kahaku.go.jp. Peer review by two referees takes place for every manuscript submitted before a paper is accepted.
5. Reprints can be ordered at the time of initial publication. Printing costs for extra pages (more than 20 pages for original articles and 4 pages for short notes) and color illustrations shall be free of charge with the approval of the editorial board.
Venus: current and back issues